GISU -competition | Sustainable Urban Development with Scientific and Technological Innovation
Credits: 1 | Identifier: | Campus: City Centre | Hervanta | TAMK/Kauppi | Period: 06.04.2020
Do you have a new idea, technology, product, business/operation model or a startup that is aiming for sustainable urban development and/or solving social problems?
Join Urban Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition organised by GISU (the Alliance of Guangzhou International Sister-City Universities, including Tampere University)!
A competition hosted by the Alliance of Guangzhou International Sister-City Universities (including Tampere University).
Purpose is to promote Sustainable Urban Development with Scientific and Technological Innovation.
Who can compete?
Full-time students or Graduates after 2015 (Tampere University or Tampere University of Applied Sciences) + Over 18 years old
- Groups of at least 2 active members
- Commercial enterprise groups
- Social enterprise groups
You can either participate with an existing team or assemble a team for your business idea. You don’t need to have a registered company to participate!
- In-School Preliminary Competition: 6.4.-30.6.2020
- Qualifying up to 5 teams from Tampere
- Online Semi-Final Competition: August 2020
- 12 teams will continue to the Final
- Ultimate Final Competition: 26-29.10. 2020
- Finals at Guangzhou, China
- Travel costs of 2 participants from the final competition team to Guangzhou will be covered.
~ 13 000 eur
~ 6 500 eur
~ 2 500 eur
Also support available for further processing your idea / business.
How to participate?
Two ways to start:
- participate with an existing team
- assemble a team for your business idea
First, read the rules of the competition: GISU Competition 2020 Rules.
Evaluate your situation compared to the competition criteria. If there are areas that need developing, take advantage of Y-kampus coaching.
If you need sparring for your team, make an appointment to an online meeting with a Y-kampus coach.
Is your team ready to apply for the competition?
- Completing the In-School Preliminary Competition: 1 ECTS credit
- Qualifying to continue to the semi-finals or further: 2 ECTS credits
Do you have questions?
Please contact Maria Ruokonen
phone +358 50 437 7138