Credits: 30 | Identifier: http://bit.ly/growthmakers2018 | Campus: Kauppi | Period: 03.09.2019
Already know that you want to be a Growthmaker? Apply here!
Want to know more?
Information Sessions: Register Here
- February 20 // 15:00 // HERVANTA // Y-kampus
- February 21 // 15:00 // KESKUSTA // Y-kampus
- February 22 // 11:00 // KAUPPI // C1-23
- March 7 // 15:00 // KAUPPI // C1-23
If you are interested in participating in Growthmakers and would like to know more, please participate in one of the above information sessions. Help us plan for you by registering here.
What is Growthmakers?
Growthmakers is a 30-credit training program that will equip you with the knowledge, skills, and awareness that you need to help businesses and institutions grow and internationalize! The knowledge and experience that you will gain through this program will set you apart as a competitive employee in any field and prepare you to succeed as an entrepreneur!
- Your team will partner with a local company that is growing domestically or internationally. Your role throughout the year will be to put your learning into practice and help them achieve their growth goals!
- You will take part in a Learning Journey during the program. The Learning Journey is an immersive experience in a global innovation ecosystem such to help you better understand what drives innovation, growth, and global success. In Spring 2019, we went to Tel Aviv.
- You will grow your global network through local coaches, expert mentors, and those you meet abroad.
- You will have the chance to receive financial reward for the work you have done!
What Should I Expect?
You will only learn if you invest the time and energy. Be prepared to devote 15-20 hours per week to Growthmakers and to take part in a Learning Journey to an international location.
Who Can Apply?
Growthmakers is for students who want to make a difference. You should be eager to learn, eager to contribute, and eager to engage with the world in a global capacity. We are looking for students who want to learn to look at things differently and who are ready to make things happen!
To take part in the 2019-2020 cohort, you must be in the 3rd or 4th year of your bachelor’s studies in September 2019. If you are pursuing your Master’s degree you are welcome to apply but must discuss the course and credits with your supervisor.
Does this sound like you?
Leadership for Growth (5 Credits) NN00DO53-3001
In this course, students will learn how to develop a growth mindset and lead themselves, their teams, and their businesses with confidence. They will learn how to break through cultural constraints holding themselves and their companies back from growth.
Sales & Marketing for Growth in a Global & Digital World (5 Credits) NN00DO54-3001
In this course, students will develop sales and marketing skills and strategies for a digital, globalized world. Students will learn how to understand the ideal customer’s values, how to create marketing and sales strategies that connect with these values. There will be a heavy focus on digital tools.
Growth Strategy & Business Models (5 Credits) NN00DO55-3001
In this course, students will gain familiarity with various strategies and business models that can help businesses grow. This may include but is not limited to sustainable growth, learn methods, funding models, agility, and internationalization strategy.
Growth Ecosystems (5 Credits) NN00DO56-3001
Through this course, students will understand and learn from the local and global ecosystems that support and spur business growth. Learning includes two learning journeys and students are encouraged to take part in an international internship as well as local entrepreneurial and business organizations and activities such as Slush, Tribe Tampere, the Millennial Board, Nordic Business Forum, corporate social responsibility events, and online communities. Students will track their hours and activities and keep a learning diary of their experiences. Students will debrief regularly with their coach in order to reflect upon and apply their learning.
Professional Growth Experience (10 Credits) NN00DO57-3001
Together with their Growthmaker Team, students will partner with a local company to help accomplish the company’s growth projects and goals. Students may also collaborate with research teams and startups to best understand innovation and growth in various business lifecycles.
How to Apply:
- Access the online application using your preferred email address
- The online application must be completed in one sitting; it cannot be saved.
- In an effort to help you submit the best application possible, the tasks and application questions are listed below. Please thoughtfully prepare your responses and copy them into the appropriate sections of the online form when you are ready to submit your application.
- Please double-check your application. Make sure that the link to your YouTube introduction is correct and that your essays have been written without silly spelling or grammar errors. Then, go ahead and submit!
- The deadline for the 2019-2020 cohort is April 15, 2019.
- Create a short video introduction telling us about yourself and why you want to be a part of Growthmakers. The video should be no longer than 1 minute in length. Please upload your introduction to YouTube as an unlisted video and share the link in the appropriate answer space on the online application. Your video will not be viewable by anyone who does not have the link.
- Please thoughtfully answer the following questions. There is no length requirement, but we ask that you are descriptive and authentic, and write in a voice that is true to yourself.
- Tell us the story of a time you accomplished something (personal, professional, academic) of which you are truly proud. What did this mean to you?
- Give us an example of a time that you were close to failure – or even failed! – and describe what happened. How did it make you feel, how did those around you react, what did you do next?
- What if you could work with any company in the world? Why would you choose this company, why should they hire you, and what would you want to learn from the experience?
- If you had unlimited resources and could do anything you wanted with the rest of your life, what would you do and why?
Deadline to Apply: April 15, 2019
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Students who qualify for the second round may be invited for an individual or group interview.
For more information about Growthmakers, please contact Jen:
Jen W. Johnson email@example.com