Introduction to Entrepreneurship
Credits: 5 | Identifier: NN00FA93-3002 | Campus: TAMK | Period: 24.10.2019
Lectures 2019: Thu at 15.00 – 18.00 (starting on 24.10.)
Place: Auditorio G00 – 10, TAMK, Kuntokatu 3
Introduction to Entrepreneurship covers the basic principles of entrepreneurship, its concepts and specific skills.
This course acts as a basis for the rest of the content in ’19Ykampus’ study program.
This course is a combination of practical lecturers, literature and guest speakers who will open up the reality of entrepreneurship.
– Lean startup
– Ethical entrepreneurship
– Future trends and entrepreneurial competencies
– Innovative business models as a success factor
– Profitable business and its finance
– Company forms
– Born global -ideology
– Modern sales and marketing
– Startup way: key elements in a successful startup, what a failure can teach us?
– understands the variety of phenomena in entrepreneurship and related skills
– can describe different forms of companies and their competencies
– understands the concept of business idea development and future anticipation
– can evaluate entrepreneurship as an alternative to personal career plan.
The content is organized as a combination of different learning methods:
– Guest lecturers
– Participation to a startup event
– Expert sessions
– Learning diary
Criteria: Approved when student can demonstrate via a learning report or similar to have understood the basic principles in entrepreneurship. He/she can evaluate own skills and motivation in acting as an entrepreneur. Failed if student does not understand the basic principles in entrepreneurship, company forms or terminology. He/she does not have solid understanding of the competencies needed in entrepreneurship and cannot therefore evaluate her/his own chances in running an own business.
Venue and timetable: TAMK, sessions on Thursdays starting on 24 October, 2019.
Additional info: firstname.lastname@example.org
TAMK students: PAKKI